Monday night I had to force this big ole’ tooshy off the couch. Trust me it was tough motivating myself when Mike and Jersey were all snuggled up watching TV. BUT enough is enough, I have to quit making excuses, it’s now August which means there’s only 3 months left until the Disney Half Marathon.
After my 3 mile run I cooked a quick dinner for Mike and I, a yummy flat bread pizza/sammy Becky style.
The gals at work ordered Domino’s so I was feeling a little inspired.
- Flat-Out Honey Wheat
- Cherry tomato
- Feta Cheese
- Topped with sliced Chicken Breast from the Deli (not shown in the picture above, it was a last minute idea)
- Salt & Pepp
Threw it in the over for about 15-20 min on 350 Degrees, and then wa-la!
My ritual Tuesday morning work out with Craig @ T-3 Fitiness was a tough one to get through. I thought a 3 miler and a full pizza/sammy belly would put me right to sleep with sheep flying over my head. Wrong! I tossed and turned all night long staring at the clock. My alarm went off at 5:20 AM and even though I was exhausted from my lack of sleep, I was relieved to get out of the bed.
- Warm up with 5 flights of stairs
- 30 med ball tosses on the wall (alternating between overhand and underhand toss)
- Leg lifts on the dip machine – 2 sets of 10
- Over head tricep raises with dumbbells – 30 reps
- Push ups on smith machine bar (alternating between wide grip and close grip) – 20 reps
- Sit Ups on the bench- 50
- Leg Lifts on the bench- 30
- Backwards Sit ups on the bench (holding on to the sides0 -30
- ABS = OUCH!
- High Knee jumps from a sitting position – 20
- 5 flights of stairs
- Laying down on a mat, climb up the rope into a standing position using just arms-10
I did two rounds of this circuit, taking 30 sec- 1min breaks in between sets.
Question: How do you get motivated during your workouts when you’re exhausted?