Rainy days in my book mean cuddling up on the couch, finding a good movie on TV, and eating comfort foods like soups and stews.
Tonight on the menu is one of my favorites. Compliments of my dad and the Today Show.
- 2 bags of spinach
- Jimmy Deans low-fat pork sausage package
- 1/4 cup of EVOO
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/4 tspn crushed red pepper
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatos
- One 16 oz can of Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons of Cornstarch
1. In a saucepan add the spinach and some olive oil and simmer over moderate heat until tender.
2. In the saucepan, heat the oil. Add the garlic, sausage and crushed red pepper and cook over moderate heat until the garlic is golden, 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add the beans and simmer over moderately high heat for 3 minutes. Add the spinach and simmer over moderate heat until the flavors meld, 5 minutes. Season the stew with salt. Gradually add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to thicken sauce then serve and enjoy.
**For a little extra kick, I added one small jalapeno pepper**