Hey friends! 🙂
Please excuse my 2 + week hiatus from blogging. Life got a hold of me….you know how that goes.
So now you might ask, what’s been going on since my half marathon?
Every time someone asks me, “so how was your 1/2 marathon?” I get so excited I almost pee myself. No but really I still love talking about it. 🙂 Unfortunately I suffered a minor injury from that 13.1 mile grind so I haven’t been able to run as much as I’d like to.
I basically diagnosed myself with a wussy injury called tendonitus. I consider it wussy because it sucks and I just have to wait it out and give myself a little break from running for now.
Although I have taken a
short break from running, I haven’t slacked off in the gym. I’ve been working out at the studio my normal two times a week with Craig, and I’ve incorporated on extra day of weights with the boyfriend at the gym. Mike and I hardly ever see each other during the week so cramming in a 6:00 am gym session together is considered quality time in my book! It’s a win win situation really, we get “hang out”, and we motivate each other to get our butt’s outta bed!
My New Fitness Goals
- Shed 5 lbs of FAT – I’m gonna come out and say it because I have no shame. I currently weigh 135 lbs & I’d love to be at 130 lbs.
- Lean out my muscles
- Focus on strengthening my weak areas – abs, hips
- Stretch a lot
- Try yoga for the first time
How do I plan on achieving these goals?
- Cut carbs for dinner. I love love love my breads and pasta’s and I know I need them to fuel my body, so I will eat them in the morning and through out the day. As soon as I get home from work and the sun goes down, bye bye carbs…..Hello protein & veggies!
- Continue my 3 day a week weight room routine. Keep the weights low and the reps high high high!
- Kick up the cardio. If running is on the back burner I’ll have to be creative and incorporate other means of cardio into the mean time.
- Use the damn foam roller that’s sitting in my family room next to the couch!
- Bought 6 session of Yoga on groupon 6 months ago and they are about to expire so I better use them!
- TRY to cut down on the sweets. This one is a tough one for me, I eat something sweet almost every single day. I know that it’s pretty much impossible for me to cut the sweets out totally, so instead I’m just going to TRY to cut back!
So there you have it people, my new goals 🙂 I’ll be keeping you all posted with my meals, and my work outs.
What are some of your current health & fitness goals? How do you plan on meeting them?