Yesterday after work I headed to Publix to pick up some produce for the week and a few extra things for tonight’s dinner/tomorrow’s lunch.
Turkey Baked Ziti
- Whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 Can of Diced tomatos
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Pre chopped bell peppers (great time saver)
- Sweet Yellow onion
- 1 jar of preferred tomato sauce
- Fresh Mozeralla
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Ground Turkey
- A couple handfuls of fresh spinach
- Brown ground turkey on a skillet with some EVOO
- Boil water and add pasta
- Pre Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Once ground turkey is almost cooked through add Onion,Garlic, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, Can of diced tomatos, & Jar of tomato sauce .
- Drain cooked pasta and return to pot. Add turkey mixture into the pasta pot and mix together.
- Place pasta turkey mixture into baking dish. Layer sliced mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top of the pasta, cover with foil and cook in the over for 15-20 minutes.
Bare with me on the picture, it looked a lot better when it was straight out of the oven. It came out so good Mike had 3 servings, one at 6:00, the second at 7:00, and the third before bed at 9:00. Damn him.
After dinner was cooked and lunches were packed, I promised Jersey I would take her to the park, and of course I can’t break a promise to my precious angel. Plus she had some serious pent-up energy so we needed to release the beast!
AND THEN CAME THE ADHD RUN
I know I had my mind-set on a “short run” tonight, but I was not expecting to stop 15 times. And not because I was tired! As I set off on my 3 mile route I was feeling surprisingly energetic for a Monday night. Suddenly about a quarter of a mile into my run I feel this urgent need to pee. My first thought, “should I just go home? No I can’t, I’m already too far.” My second thought, “do you think anyone will notice if I pee in a bush? Knowing my luck I will definitely get caught, and then I’ll be known as the girl who pee’s in people’s yards in the neighborhood.”
I decided to keep it classy and bust out mile 1 before I headed home to make a wee wee.
Well just when I thought I was smooth sailing on mile numero dos, I notice a cute husband and wife training their four dogs on the sidewalk in front of their house. I was so impressed with their leash-less puppies I HAD TO stop and talk to them.
Just as I was trucking along through my 3rd mile and taking my turn for the last quarter, I noticed a couple of friends heading out for a neighborhood walk with their baby girl and new pup. Of course I HAD TO stop and say hi! Finally at that point I decided my “short run” was over.
So there ya go, that was my unsuccessful ADHD to it’s fullest “short run.” BLAH!